Department of Cell Biology
Lab. of Subcellular Biogenesis
- Fumiko Toyoshima (ftoyoshi @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
- Assistant Professor
- Shigeru Matsumura (smatsumu @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Yukako Oda (ykoda @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Lab's HP new
Stem cells in adult tissues exist in a quiescent state.
When they are needed in tissue homeostasis or repair, they exit quiescent state, undergo symmetric/asymmetric cell division, and give rise to differentiation-committed progenitor cells.
Our group seeks to explore the molecular mechanisms underlying oriented cell division, stem cell quiescence, and cell fate determination.
We want to know how stem cells response to the changes in the balance of body homeostasis during life events, including pregnancy.
Our research is focused on the following subjects:
- Oriented cell division in culture cells and mouse tissues.
- Quiescence VS Proliferation/differentiation of stem cells.
- Proliferation and differentiation control of adult stem cells during pregnancy.
- Graduate School of Biostudies
- Doctor course , Master course
- Professor Fumiko Toyoshima
- 075-751-4015, 4016
- ftoyoshi @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp