Department of Cell Biology
Lab. of Subcellular Biogenesis
- Fumiko Toyoshima (ftoyoshi @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
- Assistant Professor
- Shigeru Matsumura (smatsumu @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Momoko Maekawa (mmaekawa @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Oriented cell division, which is determined by the axis of a mitotic
spindle, plays an essential role in morphogenesis, asymmetric cell
division and stem cell self-renewal. There is increasing evidence for
the implication of spindle misorientation in mammalian diseases,
including tumorigenesis and polycystic kidneys. Our group seeks to
explore the molecular mechanisms underlying the determination of cell
division axis in both culture cells and in developing mouse
Our research is focused on the following subjects:
- Mechanisms for spindle orientation.
- Oriented cell division during stratification and aging of skin epithelium.
- Cell division and differentiation of ES cells and iPS cells.
- Metabolic control in cell division.
- Regulated membrane traffic during mitosis.
- Graduate School of Biostudies
- Doctor course , Master course
- Professor Fumiko Toyoshima
- 075-751-4015, 4016
- ftoyoshi @ virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp